YRC Freight Profile
Company Overview | Capabilities | Industry Leadership
Information Technology | Safety | Community Service
- YRC Freight reflects the Yellow Transportation (founded in 1924 in Oklahoma City, Okla.) purchase of and subsequent merger with Roadway (founded in 1930 in Akron, Ohio).
- YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kan.
- Other YRC Worldwide subsidiaries include YRC Reimer, Reddaway, Holland and New Penn.
- YRC Freight is the leading transporter of industrial, commercial, and retail goods, specializing in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network, advanced information technologies and proactive customer service.
- Global transportation and logistics solutions for import and export shipments are also available.
- DOT Number: 071821
- Dun & Bradstreet number: 00-699-8397
- GST Number: 130168412RT001
- SIC Code: 4213
- We are an ISO 9001:2008 certified carrier.
- YRC Freight is certified for the C-TPAT, FAST and PIP programs for supply-chain security.
- YRC Freight Transportation S.A. de C.V. operates our Mexico network.
- Click here to find out where to mail payments.
- We are a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc.
Click here to view/print a PDF (54 kb) containing important company information.
- Seamless transportation throughout Canada, Mexico, and the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico
- Reliable two-day, three-day and coast-to-coast service, connecting key markets.
- Expedited and guaranteed deliveries by ground or air with YRC Freight Time-CriticalTM service.
- Guaranteed delivery windows. We can accommodate any time window—within a specific hour, on a specific day or across multiple days.
- Dedicated protective services for a single shipment or an entire trailer.
- Special project and logistics management with Custom Projects.
- Transportation for volume shipments, tradeshow exhibits, cold-sensitive products, and product returns.
- Only transportation provider to guarantee delivery of tradeshow exhibits at no additional charge.
- Only LTL transportation provider with representatives on site at all main border-crossing points in North America to expedite Customs clearance.
- One of the first transportation providers to be certified for the C-TPAT, PIP and FAST programs for supply chain security.
- First nationwide LTL transportation provider to receive ISO certification of its entire network and management systems for shipping goods from pickup to delivery. Certification in the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2008 standards assures that quality controls for system integrity and security are in place.
- Internet-based services provide in-transit shipment visibility and supply-chain management.
- Secure, web-based applications, electronic data interchange (EDI) and other technologies for you to use to manage your transportation processes.
- First transportation provider to combine cellular and satellite technologies to gather and send real-time data along local pickup and delivery routes. This two-way messaging and vehicle-tracking system for pickup and delivery operations improves responsiveness to your needs for pickup service and shipment information.
- Six YRC Freight drivers comprise one-third of the 18 captains of the prestigious 2009–2010 America's Road Team selected by the American Trucking Associations to represent the industry and promote highway safety in public venues across the country.
- Corporate and district road teams: YRC Freight professional drivers and dock professionals assist with presentations about the industry and safety issues to national media, customers, legislators, community organizations and schools.
- No-Zone Trailers: Several YRC Freight trailers and pups are emblazoned with the "No Zone" message about truck blind spots in a U.S. Department of Transportation-sponsored public-safety campaign.
- "Share the Road Safely" Trailer: A YRC Freight trailer displays the Ohio State Highway Patrol's "Share the Road Safely" message. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration funds the campaign through a federal education grant.
- One YRC Freight driver has driven more than 5 million accident-free miles.
- Linehaul drivers at our Memphis, Tenn., terminal hold the company's all-time safe-driving record. They drove 25,443,130 miles without a preventable accident between May 20, 2002, and Jan. 22, 2003.
YRC Freight is woven into the daily life of communities big and small in North America and other parts of the world. Yes, we're doing our jobs when we pick up customer goods, move them over the road and deliver them. But when we go frequently to an address, the people there—our customers—often become our friends.
In ways big and small, from corporate support for national organizations to small groups of us helping out in our local neighborhoods, we care about the communities we serve, and we want to do right by them.